Our policy is to make good food every damn day...
If you’re a Boojum Addict, frequent customer or first timer (you’re in for a treat), you can be rest assured we’ve got your back. We promise to:
- Protect your privacy
- Keep your data secure
- Be transparent - No surprises
- Respect your choices – No spam
- Comply with your rights
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Personal details such as name, email address, phone number and other contact information when you provide that information to us, such as if you place and order for Click ‘n Collect, sign in to our app or enter a competition.
- Transaction information, such as product purchased, price, method of payment and payment details.
- Information about accounts linked to us, such as username, password, and other identifiers or credentials.
- Technical information about the device you use to interact with us.
- Usage Data, such as: how and when you use our website/app, how you moved around it, website/app performance statistics, traffic, location, weblogs and other communication data and loyalty programme activities.
- Location data, where you have agreed to it being used for the restaurant locator feature on our awesome app.
How we collect your data
We may collect personal data about you in the following ways:
1. Direct interactions – you may give us your Identity, Contact, Financial, Transaction, Profile, and Marketing and Communications data (as described above) by filling in forms, entering information online or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide, for example, when you:
- Create an account or purchase products on our website or app
- Subscribe to our newsletter or social media sites
- Enter a competition
- Complete a voluntary market research survey
- Contact us with an enquiry or to report a problem (by phone, email, social media, or messaging service)
- When you log in to our app via social media
3. Third parties – we may receive personal data about you from various third parties, including:
- Technical Data from third parties, including analytics providers such as Google.
- Identity and Contact Data from social media platforms when you log in to our app using such social media platforms.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
How we use your data
We will only collect and process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so and all with the aim to better understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
As a data controller, the legal basis for our collection and use of your personal data varies depending on the manner and purpose for which we collected it.
We will only collect personal data from you when:
- We have your consent to do so, or
- We need your personal data to perform a contract with you, eg. to process a payment from you, fulfil your order or provide
- customer support connected with an order, or
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or
- We have a legal obligation to collect or disclose personal data from you.
Boojum may use your personal information for the following reasons:
- Fulfill your requests or orders and process payments for our products and services.
- If you give us permission, communicate with you about Boojum products and services which we think may be of interest to you.
- Communicate with you about your participation in contests, competitions, prize draws, sweepstakes, offers, promotions or special events.
- Send communications to you about your orders, purchases or accounts.
- Allow quick and easy social login to our app.
- Provide customer support, respond to, and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments.
- Personalize your experience on our website or app.
- Perform data analytics, including consumer research, trend analysis, marketing effectiveness and financial analysis.
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities.
- For targeted marketing communications on social media platforms through services like Facebook’s Custom Audience and
- Lookalike Audience services.
- Comply with applicable law.
How we share your data
Boojum does not and will not sell any of your personal information that you have provided to us. We do however share your data with a number of key partners who we work with in order to provide our various services to you.
- Third party service providers that we engage to provide IT systems and software.
- Third-party payment processing services such as PayPal to process your payment to us. We do not store your credit/debit card information.
- Third party service providers that we engage to deliver goods you have ordered, such as Deliveroo.
- Third party service providers whose platforms we use to send emails and to provide marketing and advertising services.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website
We are committed to ensuring that any of your information which we hold is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide our services to you. If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.